Main vineyard data
Vineyard: Giobbe and Fraticelli
Size: 1,5 hectares
Age: 20 years
Growth method: cordon-trained
Average yield: 1,5-2 kg/plants
Organically produced grapes.
The vineyards are grass covered all year round and fertilized by leguminous cover crops and organic fertilizer.
Fermentation, maturation and ageing
Grapes hand-picked in crates and crushed and stemmed immediately. Light pressing of the bunches.
Alcoholic fermentation for 18/20 days at controlled temperature < 28-30 °C in stainless steel tank with indigenous yeasts with repeated light pumping-over of must, and delestage.
Spontaneous malolactic fermentation.
Matured with lees sediment in stainless steel for 7 months, then refined in oak casks for one year. Ageing in bottle for 12 months.
Principal analytical data at bottling
Total alcohol: 13.5%
Total acidity: 5,1 g/l
Volatile acidity: 0,40 g/l
Total sulphur dioxide: 60 mg/l (AIAB organic association limit for organic wine is 60 mg/l max, respect to the limit of 100 mg/l accepted in “organic wine EU rules” and 150 mg/l for conventional wine).
Dry extract: 28,9 g/l
Intense ruby red colour, with violet overtones, a mature red fruit aroma with blackberry and plum to the fore. A sweet soft flavour, long-lasting and harmonious appealing in the mouth. Not filtered may contain sediment.
- Best wine in “Guida al vino Quotidiano” SLOW FOOD 2005/2007
- Silver medal AWC Vienna 2010
- Silver medal BIODIVINO 2010
- Best wine in “GUIDA AI VINI D’ITALIA BIO” 2011
- Gold medal AWC Vienna 2011
- Finalist “Three glasses” GAMBERO ROSSO 2012
- Special mention BIOWINE 2012
- Silver medal MILLESIME BIO 2013 Montpellier
- Eccellenza AIS guida “LE MARCHE nel bicchiere 2014”
- GOLD MEDAL “BEST WINE JAPAN” 2014
- Eccellenza AIS guida “LE MARCHE nel bicchiere 2015”
- Silver medal 2015 “BEST WINE JAPAN”
- GOLD MEDAL “AWC WIEN” Austria 2015
- Silver Medal “AWC Wien” Austria 2017
- Silver medal “MUNDUS VINI ” 2018
- 4 Grappoli Bibenda 2019
- GOLD MEDAL “MUNDUS VINI” 2019
- SILVER MEDAL International Organic Wine Award 2019