ORGANIC EXTRAVIRGIN OLIVE OIL "ORGILLA"
This quality oil is produced exclusively from organic olives picked by hand on our AIAB and IMC/
IFOAM registered farm. The oil is a blend of several types of olive -leccino, frantoio, pendolino,
sargano and Oliva tenera ascolana. These latter three types are authentic species from the Picenum
province. When the season allows, the farm Fiorano produces also a type of oil made by only Oliva
Tenera Ascolana olives (“monocultivar Tenera Ascolana”).
The harvest is finely timed to take place when the fruit changes colour from green to brown/black.
This happens between the beginning of October and the end of October, with an average daily
harvest of 800-1000 kg. Pressing takes place within 12 hours to ensure the quality of the oil and to
keep level of acidity and peroxides extremely low.
The 5 hectares of hillside is made up of a limestone-clay soil and faces South-West. We have 1300
olive trees. The area is covered with grass to prevent land erosion.
Density:250 olive trees/hectare
Average age of plants: 30 years
Average production: 30 kg/plant
Mean % oil extraction: 11%
Category: slightly fruity/ medium fruity
The oil displays a good "fruitiness" of medium intensity or slight intensity (depending on the
season), with green tones. To the nose and palate the oil has a hint of artichoke, freshly cut grass,
tomato and almond. The aroma and taste are balanced and in perfect harmony.
Method of extraction: "cold" pressing (maximum temperature 27°C) with a two and half phase
continuous cycle; blade crusher-seed extractor, organic certificated oil mill)
In air-light steel containers.
The oil is bottled without filtering but undergoes natural decanting. For this reason, the product may
have a sediment of tiny particles of olive pulp.
Bottling: in bottles of 0,50 and 0,75 litres
Acidity: 0,15 % oleic acid ( max limit 0,8)
Peroxides : 6,5 meq/kg (limit 20)
- 2005 - Quality Mention, competition OLEA “L’oro delle Marche”
- 2006 - II nd prize “best extravirgin oil” of Le Marche, regionale competition "L'oro delle Marche"
- 2008 - “High Quality mention" at the regional competition "L'oro delle Marche"
- 2009 - IInd prize (first italian oil) "Best International extravirgin oil” at the World Organic Trade Fair "BIOFACH”, Nuremberg
- 2009 - Quality Mention competition OLEA “L’oro delle Marche”
- 2011 - “Best oil” in the “TOP TEN” extravirgin oils at the World Organic Trade Fair "BIOFACH”, Nuremberg
- 2012 - II nd prize competition OLEA “L’Oro delle Marche” either for blend oil type or for “monovarietale Oliva Tenera Ascolana”
- 2012 - GOLD MEDAL at the International competition BIOL
- 2012 - International Prize “TOP 20” for best quality production on december, 16, 2012, Rome, in the International Extravirgin Oil Guide “FLOS OLEI 2013” of Marco Oreggia